Difference Between Blogging and Vlogging
The main difference is that blogging is the form of content creation in text format, while vlogging is the form of content creation in the video format. Anyway, content creators on the internet have one pressing question about blogging vs. vlogging in 2020.
Which way is it better to publish your created content – a blog or a vlog?
Different age people are getting used to adding and publishing content on the internet in 2020 very quickly. Everyone wants to share his opinion about the particular event, experience, or even want to share his daily news with strangers.
Before you start a blog or a vlog or doing both like me, you have to make a choice and decide which way is better for you. Actually, should you write a blog or make videos depends on what do you want to achieve from this activity and what are your skills.
If you are good at writing, you might be more familiar with blogging. If you feel very confident about your personality when you are speaking at the cameras recorder, you should go for vlogging. Am camera shy when speaking at the camera, so most of the time, I prefer blogging. While travelling, I used to make Vlogs, but doesn’t speak much on camera, only visualize my travel experience.
Which One Has More Traffic? ( Red Graph – Vlogging | Blue Graph – Blogging )
Blogging and Vlogging traffic has changed in the past 5-7 years very dramatically. In comparison with vlogging, which is a pretty new concept of publishing content, blogging is the ‘old school strategy’ which could be too old and unpopular right now, but it isn’t. Meanwhile, the vlogging genre was created around the 2010s, but it became very popular and attractive among people just a few years ago. You can only imagine that the most popular vlogger and YouTuber PewDiePie created his channel just in 2010.
However, blogging as the way of publishing content is still popular, and a lot of people from over the world are searching for information on Google, which still directs readers to your blog post.
In my opinion, both ways of publishing content have their place and readers/viewers on the internet, and it is a natural behavior.
Traffic depends on the audience and your content. You have to throw these comparisons blog or vlog away and choose which one is right for your content.
Which Way is Better for Making Money?
Despite the informative information which will be presented to the audience, authors also want to make money from it, right?
WHO EARNS MORE MONEY? A Vlogger or a Blogger?
First of all, both activities Blogging and Vlogging have massive audiences. Let’s check the simple statistic:
So, you can imagine how many people you can reach with a perfectly created video that could be viral.
Here’s the best part:
There are more than 6 billion searches a day worldwide on the WEB, including all searching platforms. If we convert these numbers to clicks on results we found, we could make the simple adjustment that there are more blog page views per day than views on YouTube.
Blogging and Vlogging Payouts.
Blogging and Vlogging payout structure most of the time remains the same. In most cases, bloggers and Vloggers or YouTubers make money by using Google AdSense as the primary source. In my Blogs also am monetizing using Google Adsense.
In both ways, you could make money by adding affiliate links to your posts or videos, commercials, etc.
In my blog, you can see affiliate links of Amazon and I mainly promote this Amazon affiliate links showing of only my products which am selling on Amazon.
You will be able to see better view of all these in Desktops than in Mobile. Now in Blogs, Google Adsense put ads on its own and we don’t want to decide how many ads to put or where to put. Earlier we can put only 3 google ads in a page . Now everything is automated and according to our Blog contents Google will put as many ads as their wish in our websites.
Income from blogging or vlogging depends on the traffic! But as per marketing experts, vlogging has more potential for making more money than blogging in the future! Video has an entertainment factor in its pocket. It means that people are more interested in videos and could pay more attention plus spend more time on your channel, which will lead to a more significant conversion rate. If you have 0 views and 0 subscribers your video could get viral due to appearing in the platform suggestion section. In other words, vlogging is a better way of making money if you already have a viral idea and could transform it into a video format.
If you still don’t know which method is more suitable for you, I prepared a comparison of the blog vs. the vlog Pros and Cons.
1. You could create your website and share your created articles, posts by adding various opinions, reviews, photos from traveling, etc. Successful bloggers could create their community, which is closely related to your hobbies, and so on.
2. There are already created a platform for blogging which doesn’t require any specific knowledge of web development: WordPress, Tumblr and so on.
1. For some people, who want their blog and are not familiar with website development, it could be challenging to create their website on various CMS. Otherwise will have to pay to website developers to post your blogs on daily basis. But now a days WordPress Blogs sites are so easy to manage, any one without much knowledge about web development or design can easily handle blogs sites made of WordPress.
2. One of the main challenges bloggers face is learning and keeping up to date with Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Some of them don’t even know how SEO works. By knowing at least the basics of SEO strategies and how it works could add a lot of traffic for your blog post.
3. According to some popular opinions and resources, day after day blogging is losing its popularity due to YouTube’s massive growth.
1. YouTube started changing standard TV programs, and everyone can be part of it and have their channel with their audience on this platform.
2. By being a vlogger, you can make money not even from commercials or Google AdSense, but also you can promote yourself as a reliable specialist in any field. People say that YouTubers became more popular than a lot of TV Show stars in the past two years.
3. Vloggers can easily reach the audience with similar interests as they have. At the same time, it is easier to keep your audience longer on your channel than reading a blog post.
4. There is a list of endless ideas of video content on YouTube. Viewers love to watch the same content provided by different YouTubers.
1. If you have decided to be a vlogger, first of all, you should have some savings for starting a vlogging kit. Needless to say, that if you want to create an informative and high-quality video, you should have at least a comfortable vlogging camera, tripod, and microphone. There are many more items that are recommended for being a vlogger, but first of all, you should make sure to buy these essentials. But now adays this is not much a challenge as there are good mobile phones in market from which we can record good videos and even many video editing apps are avialable in both Apple and Android. I am making videos now using Iphone and do editing from an App in mobile itself. Then upload it to Youtube. No need of any seperate video or desktop or any special skills.
2. Apart from this, the biggest cons of being vlogger is the courage to put your face in a video that could go viral on the internet. For most of the starter’s fear of vlogging is a considerable challenge that must be overcome.
3. IC)n comparison with bloggers who need to learn how to build a functional website, vloggers should know how to edit videos. Good editors get moer subscribers and obviously depend on contents too. If you don’t have experience in editing videos, then will have to hire some freelancers to do it and we will have to pay for it.
So, both platforms provide an amazing opportunity to share your content and reach new audiences. It depends on how do you feel in front of the camera and what kind of content you are going to produce. I would say vlogging will be the winner going forward but depends on your content.
If you are not comfortable, it is better to create a high-level informative blog than a low-quality video. Plus most likely blogs are more informative resources, vlogs are a more engaging and entertaining! Vlogs can be a great addition to your blog in the form of engaging content.
So, now we can see top 10 paid bloggers in 2020 and their earnings. The earnings figures given with each blogger are best-available estimates of annual earnings from Owler, given in U.S. dollars.
HuffPost: $143.1 million per year
Engadget: $47.5 million per year
Moz: $44.9 million per year
PerezHilton: $41.3 million per year
Copyblogger: $33.1 million per year
Mashable: $30 million per year
TechCrunch: $22.5 million per year
Envato Tuts+: $10 million per year
Smashing Magazine: $5.2 million per year
TOP 10 Indian Bloggers of 2020
When starting a blog, one of the most common questions you might think of is which are the most popular types of blog? There are many different types of blogs covering a wide range of topics, interests, and audiences. For a successful blog, you need to plan ahead and choose the niche that works for you.
Let’s take a look at the most popular types of blogs that exist:
1. Fashion Blogs
Fashion blogs are one of the most popular types of blogs on the internet. It’s a big industry with a huge global audience. Fashion bloggers get invited to major events, receive special perks, merchandise, and even business deals by top fashion brands.
2. Food Blogs
Food blogs are another popular blog type. It attracts a lot of readers who are interested in recipes, ingredients, healthy eating, fine dining, and other food related stories.
3. Travel Blogs
Travel blogs are becoming more popular each day. Due to cheap air travel, people are traveling more than ever, and they are always looking for travel tips, advice, and destination guides.
4. Music Blogs
Music blogs has a wide audience who search for critiques on the best and trending music. Music lovers enjoy songs from different languages, cultures and norms.
5. Lifestyle Blogs
Lifestyle blogs are the most popular type of blogs you can find online. They have a variety of readers, interested in topics ranging from culture, arts, local news, and politics. This gives the blogger a wide range of topics to cover, making it easier to plan their content strategy.
6. Fitness Blogs
Fitness blogs has been a hot trend since they cover important topics like health and general fitness. People all over the world rely on the internet to seek advice on how to stay fit. It’s a great opportunity for fitness instructors to start a fitness blog and get clients online.
7. DIY Blogs
DIY blogs are very interesting and have a huge audience. It has multiple sub-types like arts and crafts, construction, wood-work, metal-work and more.
8. Sports Blogs
Sports blogs are another interesting type of blogs online. Every country in the world has different sports and every sport has its own stars. Sports blogging may also include bloggers who are writing paid content for teams, athletes, and other organizations.
9. Finance Blogs
A lot of us need help and advice to manage our finances efficiently. This gives finance blogs a wide audience ranging from serious investors to families trying to save for a better future.
10. Political Blogs
Political blogs have perhaps the most passionate audience of all. They cover news on politics, analysis of political news, and can quickly build a very large engaging audience.
Competition on YouTube is fierce.
Earning from YouTube isn’t a piece of cake. There are generally 2 ways to do it:
CPM (cost per thousand views)
CPC (cost per click)
Each of these ways require you to join the YouTube Partner Program first, which isn’t easy either, at least for a beginner. The program requires you to have 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months AND 1,000 subscribers. That’s only to be eligible. Once you apply, YouTube will closely scan your account to see if you’re a good fit.
If you get into the program, you can then start making money. If the advertisement is CPM (cost per 1000 views), it means the viewer must watch the entire advertisement before you make any money from it. If you think about your own YouTube watching habits, I highly doubt you sit through the entirety of advertisements, especially if you have the option to skip.
If the advertisement is CPC (cost per click), then you get paid depending on how many users click the ads surrounding your video.
The actual rate advertisers pay ranges between $1 to $10 per 1000 views (depending on many factors such as the size and quality of your channel, and the topic of your videos), but averages out at around $2-$5 per view for most channels.
But, wait. Just like anything, it’s not all yours.
Google actually takes a big chunk of that amount (45%). You won’t be able to quit your desk job any time soon if your views are low. But for YouTubers getting hundreds of thousands or even millions of views, YouTube can be very profitable.
So you can gather a little inspiration, here are 10 of the highest paid YouTubers in the world in order and from every niche.
1. Ryan’s World
Earnings: $26 million
Subscribers: 23.3 million
2. Dude Perfect
Earnings: $20 million
Subscribers: 51 million
Earnings: $18 million
Subscribers: 44.3 million
4. Jeffree Star
Earnings: $17 million
Subscribers: 17.1 million
5. DanTDM (Daniel Middleton)
Earnings: $16.5 million
Subscribers: 21 million
6. PewDiePie (Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg)
Earnings: $15.5 million
Subscribers: 102 million
7. VanossGaming (Evan Fong)
Earnings: $15.5 million
Subscribers: 24 million
8. Logan Paul
Earnings: $14.5 million
Subscribers: 20.1 million
9. Markiplier (Mark Edward Fischbach)
Earnings: $13 million
Subscribers: 25.7 million
10. Jake Paul
Earnings: $11.5 million
Subscribers: 19.7 million
Here Are the Top 10 Most Popular Types of Videos on YouTube
1. Product Review Videos
2. How-To Videos
4. Gaming Videos
5. Comedy/Skit Videos
6. Haul Videos
7.Tag or Challenge Videos
8.Favorites/Best Of Videos
9. Educational Videos
10. Unboxing Videos
The list below will help to give you an idea of the type of content that is most popular on YouTube so that you can frame your videos within these buckets if required.
There you have it all! Now that you know how much money and how to make money from Blogging or Vlogging on YouTube, what’s your next step?
I’d say give it a shot if you think you have something interesting to offer. In the beginning, you don’t have anything to lose and it could prove to be quite profitable if you’re able to get followers & subscribers.
Before concluding, to motivate you all to start a blog or Youtube Channel by you, I will tell about a guy from Kerala, who recently become very famous in YouTube after one of his TikTok roasting video went viral. Within days he crossed millions of subscribers and each of his video is having millions of views and comes in trending 1 . A little about him and his success story.
Arjyou, Kerala’s overnight YouTube sensation, hits 2+ million subscribers.
Malayali YouTuber Arjun Sundaresan’s videos, in which he roasted TikTok users, have gone viral over the past few days. Arjun turned into an overnight star with his videos garnering lakhs of views, and the channel crossed one million subscribers in a week’s time. Now he has more than 2.7 million subscribers.
Though the channel was launched two years ago, it took a lockdown for Arjun to experiment with ‘roast’ videos. Though such reactions and roast videos are a trend abroad, it was relatively new in Malayalam and that is what drew the audience quickly to Arjyou. A multimedia student, Arjun took to this new idea when he was bored during the lockdown amid the pandemic.
He has done five videos in which he critiques TikTok users and their videos, even triggering reactions from these TikTok users. In one of the videos, Arjun says that his intention is not to hurt anyone, but just ‘entertainment purpose’. Arjun’s natural style of presentation and a cool, in-your-face attitude is probably what has been drawing viewers.
Such a huge leap in viewership in a short span is in itself a social media wonder.
While initially his friends would send him TikTok videos, now subscribers have started forwarding videos that they would like him to feature, he said. The videos which were posted from May 4 onwards have crossed 2 million views each.
So, you can be the next Arjun Sundaresan . One video can change your life and career. Good Luck guys !!!